Respite Care Services
LaToya Drummond and Justin Nwachu noticed a need in their community for respite care services. With over 10 years’ experience of working with children they started their own company respite care service. “Awesome Respite” is a childcare service that aims to reduce the stress with families with children on the autism spectrum have by providing in-home and community-based respite care services. Their goal is to lessen family life challenges for parents and siblings of children with autism. Their team is experienced and passionate to serve this population of children and their families. While providing respite care services they promote social skills & building and assisting with daily living activities. They also incorporate your child’s daily routine in their activities.
- In 2018 the CDC determined that approximately 1 in 59 children is diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
- Autism affects all ethnic and socioeconomic groups.
- Minority groups tend to be diagnosed later and less often.
- Early intervention affords the best opportunity to support healthy development and deliver benefits across the lifespan.
- There is no medical detection for autism.
Benefits of Respite Care
Parents of children with autism often report high levels of stress, but new research suggests that getting a caregiving break for as little as one hour a week can really make a difference. In a new study looking at moms and dads of those with autism, researchers found that parents were less stressed and had improved marital quality with each hour of respite care received.
If you know someone in the Maryland area that would benefit from their childcare services you can contact them at www.awesomerespite.com . They will come to your house or community.